Monday, July 6, 2015

A little White 4th of July

It snowed on the 4th of July here in Potosi. Not like in Utah or in the states, but it snowed! We were walking in the street with a member to visit an investigator and it started to snow! Falling snow from the sky and all! The downside is that I forgot to bring my camera........my companion forgot to bring hers too...but we were walking in snow!! Snow that melted after a few moments,but it was snow...and it is because it has gotten SUPER mas colder here in Potosi. The wind kills me and my hands are dying. But I am putting on more clothes...mas y mas. 

This week....this week...how fast did it go..just 7 more weeks and I will be home. We spent Pday in Sucre last week and we were able to eat some italian food that tasted like Mac and Cheese (that didnt matter to me because I miss me some Mac and Cheese) and we went to visit my companions old area there. After that we went to go visit Leticia in the hospital, our investigator in Potosi, but in Sucre to receive radiotherapy. It was really nice to see her. She aprpreciates your prayers, mom. She is a strong woman....the whole way from Potosi to sucre I thought deeply about the wonderful people that I am meeting here and learning to love...a less member who is a returned missionary said this, "If anything...what I remembered most and treasure the most is knowing that I really had learned to love the people in the mission". I in that very moment was realizing that its what I am treasuring the most right now...I love the people here. They arent perfect, but I unconditionally love them. For their culture, their smiles, and love and spirit. This...I am really going to miss. And I cant believe I am saying this, but I will even miss their food. Because there is nothing like it at home. Maybe a few things, but it just wont be the same after. This is the last week of this transfer and we will be entering my last transfer which means for me to work even harder and to dedicate this time to the Lord. I had grown to love Leticia....for being even one of my greatest examples of faith and strength...along with my own mother. 

We learned a whole lot in the Leadership training workshop in Cochabamba with President Hansen. I did hear the news about same-sex marriage being legalized in all states....and that just broke my heart and brought me the biggest preocupation for future and present families. But just as mom said, I have also grown even more grateful for the gospel for providing us a way to remember that Gods laws will always be greater than mans....and that we hate the sin and love the sinner. We made a huge new focus as missionaries to focus on the importance of families...of a father, a mother, and their children.....I can testify that marriage is ordained by God....that is is essencial for man and women to bring forth Gods children in the Lords way...Its essencial according to Gods plan for His children...I do hope and pray that we as a generation can prepare ourselves now and strengthen ourselves for what else Satan is preparing to attack the families with...I just know that the Lord will always win and provide a way for us to overcome the difficulties of life...

That very same night in Cochabamba I was able to go to the Cochabamba temple to do a session.....it was what I needed and what my sould hungered for after 5 months of being outside of Cocha. The interesting part is that I was able to do a few parts in the temple in English because the sisters that were there working were from the states...and it was WEIRD....but a lot more meaningful for me...because I can understand better...hahaha but I loved being at the temple and enjoying of its blessings and power. 

Our Ward is doing a whole lot better...with a bishop who is ready to work...our ward is beginning to become unified again. After being without a bishop for 5 months.....we are working miracles together. I loved it...and I can see that the Lord really calls those He prepares. 

I am hoping that as members of the church, we can reread the Family Proclamation to the World and hang it up on the wall to remember what Church Doctrine is and what isnt. I am so grateful for the gospel and the blessings that come forth from it....

I love my companion for helping me to learn of these things...for allowing me to work with her and to grow with her. I love having a companion...and I can see how having one will always help each one of us improve and grow spiritually.....

I love being a missionary and I love Potosi...even if its cold...and that I cant breathe at 13,420 feet above sea level...


just to tell a little of what i learned this week. i learned this: being a homemaker is much more important than being a doctor, lawyer, school teacher.....the lord trusts Gods daugthers to raise his children.....being a mom is more important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment