Monday, May 26, 2014

Tres Meses en la Misión!!!!!


ALOHAAAAAAAA!!!
So this whole week we were searching for a house....like literally everyday. Plus, we find out we don´t only have to look for a pensionista for dinner but also lunch...oh and did I mention we only have one week left to do that stuff? Oh the struggle.....but its all good. We were positive the whole week about that. It is really hard to find a house here in our area because they are either too expensive or in very humble conditions....but anyways, we will find a house and food to eat! I know it!

Besides that jazz...Hna Wingate, my first companion in the CCM was in the hospital all week and so my companion and I were constantly going back and forth to the hospital to help them with intercambios and bringing their things to them and so forth. Hna Wingate had really bad stomach pains and other doctor terms...(sorry Im not a doctor, and I have a hard time understanding doctor things in spanish to be honest haha). She is better now though. Slowing recovering back to work.

So this week we meet our new district and zone leaders and as well new missionaries in our zone. Its a change for sure. And imagine, we have cambios again in three weeks! I am so nervous about being the one who stays in the area and has to be the one who knows the members and knows the area..then knows what trufi to take. Its not easy.....but its possible. I have a feeling my companion might be with me for 8 more weeks after this cambio or might leave me and I will stay. But really it is all in the hands of the Lord...for all we know. Haha. (I laugh when I am nervous).


Oh oh oh! I make three months in the mission today! I can not believe it!!!!! And BIG CONGRATS to GABRIEL for the scholarships and for finishing high school! And congrats for JESSE for growing up and going to middleschool! Ahhhh I am just so happy for you all. I love the pictures. Oh gabe you stud. STOP IT. lol.

At times I get frustrated at the belief that if we don´t have baptisms, we aren´t working hard. We are working so hard. SOOOOO hard that we are exausted at the end of the day. I am learning to shove off those comments and just continue to work. Prayer always helps me forget those negative comments....oh the opposition. 
Oh so I ran into a kid who is deaf recently. And he knows sign language!!! but...its spanish sign language......soooo I really want to learn it in spanish so I can talk to him! 


I have been thinking of grandma so often lately. I am in worry at times, but don´t worry because I know that everything will be fine. I am so grateful that we do have the gospel for sure. Mom, when you go to Thailand, please tell grandma that I love her and give her a big hug for me. Also that I am sorry that I can´t speak Thai or Chinese to tell her that. Tell her that she has given us YOU, a wonderful mother who has brought miracles and blessings to all of us. Tell her that I am grateful for her and her love that she gives to each of her grandchildren :).

So I have wrote a letter to the ward and here it is:
 
Kahuku First Ward, ALOHAAAA!
Oh, how I miss saying aloha so often. How is everyone? I just want to truly give a big, grande MAHALO por todos, for everything. Thank you for your support, your prayers of faith, and love. Being apart of K1 is a blessing just as it is to have the gospel in our lives. I think of all of you often and how all of your wonderful church leaders, and members are building the kingdom of God. I am so grateful for every sunday school teacher, seminary teacher, young women leader, primary teacher, member, etc, everyone pretty much for raising me up to the person I am today. My family and I are truly grateful. We couldn´t have done it without the gospel. Thank you for taking care of my family when my mom was sick. Thank you for your service and love. Thank you for taking care of my family while I am not home right now. Mahalo for your spirit and testimonies. Muchas gracias for being true disicples of Christ. I can promise you that as we continue to be true to our covenants which we made with God, repent of our sins, keep his commandments, and endure to the end, we will be absolutely blessed from a loving Heavenly Father who loves and knows you perfectly. The mission has taught me so much. Its such a beautiful experience that will bless generations in the future, present, and past. My eyes are widened more and more each and every day (Don´t try to imagine my Asian eyes doing that. I´m speaking figuratively haha). I learn something new all the time and gained a firmer testimony of the restauration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Thank you for everything. Se que tenemos el evangelio de Jesucristo en nuestras vidas a ayudarnos y bendecirnos. Dios les bendecirá cuando somos obedientes y fieles a sus mandamientos. Tenga fe en Cristo y que Su amor es sincero. Otra vez, muchas gracias por todos. Gracias por sus oraciones de fe y amor. 
les quiero mucho!
Hermana Santeco

So back to my letter, mom don´t worry about my sweater then. I can find something to keep me warm here :). And as for the chicken alfredo pasta I have asked for...if you havent bought it or sent it...dont worry bout that...because I realized that I will need milk to cook that here..and the milk here will probably make me sick. I don´t wanna risk that...lol sorry if you have bought it already. I will eat it when I come home! haha. Also send me chocolate almonds please.....they don´t have that here... :( and chips....im constantly eating them but they are all plain and salty. Maui onions if can?! hahaha. Just send me food.....and photos. I love you all. The packages and letters aren´t here yet :( I think they could be possibly at the mission house now, but our zone leaders haven´t picked up anything yet...so I am HOPING they are here. 
I pray for you all daily. I miss you all terribly. Congrats to the bros with graduation. Oh the good old days....Congrats to NICOLE VERAS! She is gonna talk to dad in Tagalog! I am sooooooo happy for all of you. I send my love to all of you. To be honest sometimes I will be brushing my teeth and I´ll think, "Oh my gosh....where am I right now?...Bolivia...gasp". Yeah...it hasn´t really sinked in completely yet. haha.
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you are attending the temple. Do the names that I have left for you on the fridge please :) Our family is waiting for their work to be done. 
LOVE YOU MUCHO!
Hermana Santeco

PS: I got my nails done for three bucks! sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment